06 Sep Ways For You To Become A Better Guitarist
Being a guitarist is not only about playing music for the entertainment of people and having skills is not also the basis that you are a well-known professional. There are more to know about being a guitarist thus this makes it very interesting because you will be challenged as to how well you know the parts and the toning of your guitar. Is this new to you? Perhaps, you ’ll need to learn more insights for you to gain ideas and knowledge regarding advance learning on how to make you a better guitarist.
Here are the following ways for you to get into the habit of learning the specs of your guitar.
1. Visualize- keep in mind that you do not only have to practice your guitar every time you have the chance to use it. As much as possible, have a schedule in practicing and playing tunes with your guitar. In this way, you will be able to improve your style, techniques, and skills. There are as well some guitarists who are good in visualizing any execution that you think would be great with your composition or riff that you are working on.
2. Always learn new things- each day you have different things to ponder about and having to learn from other guitar players gives you an opportunity to enjoy your experience. There are seminars or videos that you can watch online when it comes to learning new things that you have not come across. You can learn new things about a riff, a lick, scale, melody, hand exercise, strumming patterns, and altered way of tuning and other related guitar lessons.
3. Jamming- while you are shredding your electric guitar in a ripping style of 128th note, it is important as well that you know how to play along with other guitar players. If you have noticed, having to accompany a rhythm or doing a lead will gain your confidence that you can make one song extraordinary through the skills that you have acquired. It is also important that you learn from your band mates or from people that you are performing with.
4. Having to record yourself- as you record yourself, you will hear the out of tune chords, or you can change the entire way of making the song into something special. A unique way of putting a guitar tune to a song makes it more fascinating and memorable. As you keep recording, it is essential that you keep learning from any mistakes that you have done.
5. Taking lessons- if you want to improve your skills as well as how to take good care of your guitar, it is best that you take lessons. Although playing guitar can be self-taught but having the opportunity to learn new lessons will inspire you to apply the music theories that you have learned.
6. Focus your time- as the saying goes “practice makes you perfect.” If you are living by this principle, that means you can grasp and understand what it is to be nearly perfect. No guitarist is born with professional skill, everyone undergoes a process, and that is through learning and practicing what you have learned.